Translate

Friday 31 August 2012

Long time, no see

        Hey everyone, I'm so sorry it's been so long, I feel like such a terrible blogger. Between birthday preparations and the planning that goes into moving, I've had almost no time to do ANYTHING. But, this is a little something I was working on ages ago, it came about when we were asked to do one of our weekly 1,000 word homework assignments, which had to begin  with someone taking a picture. I got as far as this piece goes and then scrapped it to write a Dr Seuss style poem about badgers. Maybe I'll share that gem with you one day too. Anyhow, let me know what you think of this, I'll endeavour to be more active now I've at least got new bedding for the house.



                Click, flash. She turned around, looked out of the window, saw nothing. Click, flash. She turned around again; eyes wider this time, shook her head and put her back to the window once more. Click, flash. This time when she turned around, there was fear in her eyes, she came to the window and looked out, almost pressing her face to the glass this time. She swept her gaze across the street outside, she saw nothing however pulled the curtains together tightly, eyes flicking to every shadow, every tree, every shrub as the quiet street disappeared behind the crimson shield, shrouding the small area outside her window in darkness.
                He waited fifteen minutes before fighting his way out of the bushes opposite her flat, until he was confident that she wasn’t going to poke her head out between the curtains again, to try and steal a glimpse of him. He prised apart the bramble he’d found refuge in and made his exit, proficiently replacing the branches so they looked natural, and not as if someone had been sitting in the middle of it for around two hours every night for the past three months.  
                He’d taken some good photos so far – her unbuttoning her shirt, rolling her head, eyes closed after a long day at the bank where she worked; unclasping her bra and sliding her skirt down her toned thighs, past her knees and letting it fall to the floor, before stepping out of it and moving to her en-suite to shower away the paranoia which was beginning to engulf her.


          I know it's a bit darker than the other stuff on here, I hope you still liked it! I'll do my best to be around, but I'm going to be ridiculously busy for the next 2-3 weeks. Keep well and stuff!

          Thanks for reading, Laura
                                           xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment