Translate

Sunday 29 July 2012

Simple things...

          The simplest things in life are often the best, those things that bring a smile to your face and joy to your heart, because they are so often unexpected.
          Today, the great British summertime returned, with thunder and lightening, and a spectacular amount of rain. I decided that pumps probably weren't weather appropriate, and then I remembered my wellies.
            I'm used to grimacing and getting super irritated if I step in a puddle by accident, so today, as I was watching a really beautiful woman in the most beautiful sari (and amazing shoes) on the other side of the road, I naturally expected auto-anger to occur as I heard the familiar and unwelcome sound of my foot meeting a puddle.
           I don't think I can accurately express the joy I felt when I realised that stepping in puddles is exactly what Wellies are for. Instead of auto-anger, the 5-year-old me reared her head, and I spent the rest of my walk actively seeking out puddles to wade through. 
           Today was one of the best days I've had in a long time, because I was able to walk along with a huge grin on my face, despite the rain, and the clouds, which would normally be such a downer on my mood. 
           I almost wish that I could experience something like that every day, but the truth is, that we're generally so caught up with whatever's going on, that we forget to look for the things that nature offers us, to bring a smile to our face.
          I think that, from now on, I will always look for something that will make me smile, bring me a moment of quiet joy. Whether it's looking for puddles to walk through, or listening to the wind rustle through the leaves of the trees. Sometimes you have to look for beauty, or happiness and in doing so, you find a positivity which you might have otherwise missed.

        I hope your day has been a beautiful as mine :D
   
        Thanks for reading! Laura
                                         xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment