Translate

Friday 4 January 2013

Another deviation from normality...

       I know, I know - this is the second time in a row that I haven't made something up for you. But isn't it nice when we're honest with each other? Now, I've been looking after the @BrunelWriter's twitter for the last couple of weeks and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Not only have I been able to say different things to a different audience, I think I've actually grown intellectually due to looking at quotes from author who I idolize. I've learned to find inspiration in everything, to create characters and story lines from a flash of an image, or from something the person is carrying. (A little old lady on a bright pink moped lead me to a fantastic narrative on Wednesday)
       I think the point of this is basically to tell you that you can find inspiration anywhere. Go for a walk, get on a bus or a train and watch people. Go to a café and do the same. As Earnest Hemingway says; 'When writing a novel, a writer should create living people; people not characters. A character is a caricature' 
        I'll leave it there, I just wanted to say something a bit profound. The next post will be about 'things I'm crazy about.' Don't worry - my creative pen hasn't run out of ink, I just can't decide how to present my next piece. I promise it will exist soon! Also, I'm hoping that some time in the next month, 'How to Fight a Dragon', 'Awakening' and 'Close Encounters of the Awkward Kind' will be back up, as they were three of my most popular posts, ever.


                          Take care and thanks for reading! Laura
                                                                              xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment